At Sciolytix, we’ve always fancied ourselves as innovators and pioneers when it comes to providing simulations to train salespeople. And with that have come quite a few accolades, whether it be from trainingindustry.com, Brandon Hall, etc. However, that doesn’t mean we’re resting on our laurels. Far from it, actually.
What keeps us churning out successful platforms is that we are constantly listening to client feedback and finding new and inventive ways to improve our solutions. That includes our UPtick product.
First Things First — What Is UPtick?
Think of UPtick like you would a flight simulator — but for a salesperson. They are in this virtual environment where they interact with a computer-controlled avatar, and the idea is to go through several sales situations. This could be everything from prospecting, negotiating, and closing a deal to answering objections, and the program is so intuitive that the avatars respond naturally to your salesperson in a simulated conversation.
The participant can practice sales skills in a safe, private, non-judgmental environment so that when they’re out in the real world, they are confident, sharp, and all of their skills have been grooved to the point where they are natural behaviors. Essentially, they can practice however many times they want, wherever they want, and for as long as they want.
- No trainer or coach is necessary.
- They don’t need a sales manager on the other end of the line.
- Everything is online and available 24/7.
- There are endless opportunities for professional development.
We’ve partnered with the University of Houston, which has one of the leading sales training institutes in the world, to ensure we have the best training program possible. With this partnership, we are working with subject-matter experts who are in the field every day and know what a quality training program should perform. They are helping us with research and finding ways to further refine our simulations to be applicable across any industry, any situation, and all selling systems.
Recent UPtick Product Enhancements
- Updated avatars — In combination with digital artists, graphic designers, and our in-house programmers, we went back and recreated all of our classic avatars to give them an even better look and feel. They’ve each got their own unique mannerisms, their own pacing of speech, and different ways that they move their head.
- New remote-selling scenarios — We took our original simulations designed for face-to-face environments and re-skinned them so that it looks and feels more like you’re selling remotely through Zoom. The idea is to make everything in these training environments feel as close to the real world as possible. And by doing this, we feel learning improves.
- Improved user interface — Leaders don’t need to spend a lot of time showing their people what to do. They can just log in, and the system will get them started and get them learning right away with no learning curve.
- Path to mastery — In a nutshell, we want this system to get your people from wherever they are right now in their selling ability to being a sales master in a pretty short period of time. Little by little, we take them through different scenarios to gain an unrivaled level of mastery by the time they are finished.
- ROI tracking methodology — We put together a methodology that we can use to track how your salespeople are using the system. How often are they using it? What simulations are they going through? How are they improving in the simulations? Is their score going up? Are they getting better at dealing with avatars? And then, we connect that information to the real-world results that you’re seeing.
If you’d like to learn more, including behind-the-scenes information on what’s coming in the future, check out our latest podcast mentioned above. Bottom line, every time we do something new, we will update UPtick to be the latest and greatest version. It’s all about making things easier for our users and administrators.