DigitalChalk has made a significant impression on those people and organizations who live and breathe online training and desperately need access to a top-of-the-line learning management system. To drive that point home while also sharing some of the key features that make DigitalChalk a cut above the rest, we conducted a user forum, interviewing real clients who use our platform.
We wanted our clients’ voices to be heard.
- How they’re using DigitalChalk to train their employees
- What features stand out the most for them
- The training obstacles they’ve quickly overcome as a result
- How having one corporate LMS has taken their internal training to the next level
One such client is Mike Mote, Manager of Accessibility and Workforce Development at Industries for the Blind (IFB) Solutions.
Accessibility is key!
Mike has been in his role at IFB Solutions for 12 years and has been blind since birth. Because he is blind, utilizing a computer through JAWS (Job Access With Speech) has been critical to his development as a professional. Mike is a big fan of technology, and DigitalChalk is a significant piece of that puzzle for him and IFB.
IFB is the largest employer of blind and visually impaired people in the country, with 1,000 employees at three different locations. Their goal is to develop and hire people with blindness and visual impairments to work, achieve their goals, and have independent lives. When searching for a learning management system, Mike says accessibility became a huge selling piece.
“It’s a great mix of training courses offered to us through the DigitalChalk packages and the stuff we can make ourselves. But the main reason we use it is because it’s accessible to all our employees — both blind and sighted,” he said. “We wanted to mix the two and come up with a really good blend where we could offer all types of courses to improve their professional development while at the same time making sure everyone could take advantage of it. While there are accessible LMS platforms out there, this one really offered the best of both worlds — the prepackaged training we could use, not to mention the ones we could develop ourselves.”
He added, “It’s a pleasure to work alongside people who understand accessibility and why it’s important. One of the advantages of DigitalChalk is that when we do have issues, we have a team we can go to, and we get a quick response.”
A robust platform that works for everyone
When it comes to using DigitalChalk, we were curious about what features stand out the most for Mike.
Mike said it really boils down to two key points:
- Simplicity — The user experience doesn’t need to be hard. DigitalChalk is simple and straightforward. Anyone can sit down, get to the courses and material and do what they need to do in a short amount of time. It doesn’t take a few weeks to train. It actually only takes 30-45 minutes.
- Easy administration on the backend — A tremendous advantage is that administratively, DigitalChalk is accessible. As Mike said, “I don’t ask for sighted assistance. I can do what I need to do because it’s easy. It’s a huge problem solver for me because I can take on more responsibility that would normally be given to a sighted person. I can do it, manage it, and the users can have a good experience.”
Sciolytix partnered with IFB Solutions to win a Brandon Hall Award in the Excellence in HR category for Best Advance in Leading Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives. The DigitalChalk LMS has helped Mike and his team quickly, simply, and accessibly deliver training to learners at IFB. It’s all about making things easier for our users and administrators.